Old 01-06-2014, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default It's songbird's fault

Fran Farmer wrote:
I try to grow citrus but in my climate it's a bit iffy. I've managed
to get some lemons but each year lose my mandarins and it's too cold
here for oranges. I should do what you do and put some in my sunroom
- it's certainly big enough to take big pots of citrus.

You could have an oragerie. They were all the rage in the royal houses of
Europe. The odd thing was they mainly liked the smell of the flowers not
the fruit. And you don't have a bunch of beefy footmen to schlep them
about. The sun king had one 150m long with thousdands of trees!