Old 01-03-2003, 04:15 AM
Iris Cohen

Default Arborvitae Hedge ' Emerald Green'

I would like an evergreen hedge that is 10 feet tall but no more than 4 feet
wide.
Does anyone have any better ideas then Arborvitae Hedge ' Emerald Green'?

'Emerald' arborvitae is a lovely year round hedge, but it is not fast growing.
I have a hedge of it I planted about 6 years ago. It will not be 10 feet tall
for another 6 or 10 years. I solved the problem meanwhile by planting a vine on
the fence. That should fill in in a couple of years. If the area has full sun,
consider one of the very narrow junipers, like 'Skyrocket.'

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)