Old 29-08-2014, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Why ? Why ? Why?

On 2014-08-28 08:52:37 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme said:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:36:48 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Why cant people open NEW threads when they change topic?

You can set Forte Agent to do that automatically. I can't remember
where the option is as I haven't changed it for years.

Steve

I've tried that in Unison but it doesn't work. I can't even remember
what I used to use but it was possible to type a new thread name and
then put "was xyz" in brackets.

That would be the sensible way of doing it, so one could still follow
the old thread, if required. TBH, I find keeping threads intact helps
me to look back at what's been said earlier. It's essential when
replying to a post point by point or paragraph by paragraph.
Patience is also a good thing. Some of us are more technologically
challenged than others (guilty), and a little tolerance goes a long way.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London