Old 27-10-2014, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom mushroom...

On 27/10/14 19:51, Emery Davis wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:09:50 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

I know this is not uk.rec.fungus, but does anyone know what this might
be?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...537633/sizes/l

It's in my lawn, near some trees, about 4-5" tall from ground to dome
and about 2" thick stem, 3" dia dome.

It's so weird I have to ask! Never seen one like it...

Maybe Lycoperdon pyriforme or Lycoperdon perlatum (a bit bigger)? Very
common and sadly without culinary interest.

Thanks - found on google.

Had a nice plate of Macrolepiota and Coprinus comatus at lunch today from
an early walk. There aren't many bolets this year (at least so far) but
tonnes of Hydnum, we've never seen so many which is OK as we like them
very much!

You're brave! I would be to scared to eat mushrooms I found lying about!