Old 28-10-2014, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom mushroom...

On 28/10/14 08:48, Nick Maclaren wrote:
Blewitts are ones I have always been chary of, because there are
some similar-looking fungi that are definitely poisonous.

Even they are mildly haemolytic when raw - hence the requirement
to cook them.

One day, probably when the timing of my life's end is known, I'm
going to pluck up enough courage to find and eat an amanita caesarea.
Let's hope I can still taste and smell it.

Now, when should I eat my 1987 jam made from Cambridge Royal
strawberries from Chivers' farm in Histon? Ah, decisions, decisions.