Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Lotus

Default Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease

Lotus wrote:

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message ...

Lotus wrote:

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Lotus wrote in message

[..]

First we had to get you to
find out what was the difference between a lick and a block.

There is no difference. A mineral/salt lick and a mineralised block
are, for all intents and purposes, the same thing.

That's not the same off-key tune you were singing just
two days ago:

Someone was thoughtful enough to find a supplier of
mineralised supplementary feed licks for cattle
http://www.ccfarmers.co.uk/feed.asp , but that's
still a lick. I see Dry Cow Feed Blocks on the same
page

You didn't know then that a "lick" and a "block" were,
"for all intents and purposes, the same thing".

Yes, I did.

No, you quite clearly did not. Otherwise, you wouldn't
have ****ed away so much time.

A mineralised block (without 'protein') is the same thing as a
mineralised salt-lick. At this stage (above) I was looking for
feed blocks as Michael had described- "There are licks AND
feed blocks. Both weigh about fifty pounds. The feed blocks
must be protected from the weather or they will crumble and
become inedible. The licks are solid enough to be either simply
dropped in the pasture or put in a salt block holder". Now we
know that supplementary feed blocks which contain minerals
are available, but I have yet to see them referred to as 'mineralised
feed blocks'.

It doesn't matter if you have or have not seen any
"references" to the words "mineralized feed blocks",

It does- crumbly 'feed blocks', as Michael described, and
which was the sort of thing I was looking for, are not the
same as the 'mineralized supplementary feed licks' you
found- mineralised blocks, containing grain products.

you stupid ****: such blocks EXIST and are sold, and a
reference has been provided to the THING, no matter
what it's called.

All sorts of blocks and licks exist apparently. I was
searching specifically for a mineralised block of feed.
'MINERALISED FEED BLOCK. Get it yet?

****ING LOSER! You're beating a dead horse.

Yeah, you.

It was JIM that said that 'salt licks' and 'mineralised blocks'
were two different things.

If you REALLY had known that a "block" and a "lick"
were effectively the same thing, you wouldn't have
needed to **** away time on arguing with him.

A feed block/lick is not the same thing as a mineralised block/lick.

It is the same thing. You are too stupid to know.

It is not. YOU don't know what you are talking about,
obviously, and ~you~ are way too stupid to know it.