Old 10-12-2014, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default All dead , all dead ...

Ecnerwal wrote:

For bees, clovers are always a good option, monarda (bee balm) lives
up to that common name and also gets hummers if you use the red
variety, mints (also a weed that spreads vigorously, so again, be
careful where you put them) and thymes all do well. Lavender works
well if you can get it to grow reliably (better drainage than I have
would help.)

Heh , I have some of every item on your list , and more . Out here in
the woods , we have a lot of space to plant this stuff . My plan is to focus
on using the power line easements across our land . they keep trees and
heavy brush cut back from the lines , and it's a perfect place to plant
wildflowers and other stuff . One of my best blackberry patches is in one of
the easements . Probably plant some stuff around the orchard too , I bought
a LOT of seeds for this project .
--
Snag