Old 13-12-2014, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default All dead , all dead ...

George Shirley wrote:
I've never been able to get lavender
to grow, I guess it's just to wet here most of the time.

even with our heavy clay soil we have a lot of
lavender here.

even in places that flood from time to time.

as long as it is propped up on a hillock or
in a bit of raised bed it seems to do just
fine.

the pathways surrounding it are often mulched
with crushed limestone here and it will often
start seedlings in that mulch. we're never short
of new plants to use elsewheres.

unfortunately, both of us are allergic to them
and so it makes it very hard for us to take care
of them very well. the bees and butterflies love
it though so it stays.

songbird