Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Kew Gardens Orchid Festival 2015

"Spider" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
Went today, 2 days before the official opening and Press Day, so
everything is almost done and the flowers are at their best, and most
importantly there is hardly anyone about because they are all waiting
for next week.
Lots of Photos......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhob...7650242177199/

Great pics, Bob! Thanks for sharing those. I have a particular passion
for Paphiopedilums at the moment and mine are in flower, too.

Don't know if I'll get to the event this year, but I know it's thoroughly
enjoyable. I can highly recommend it to anyone who likes orchids.

Thanks. This year it seems there is as big a display of Bromeliads as
Orchids.

Many years, actually decades, ago I had built up a big collection of species
of Paphs (you could buy the species easily then) but we had a disaster with
our greenhouse in the middle of a bad winter and I eventually lost the lot.
I've never bought another Paphiopedilums. However, I am getting more
interested in Phragmipediums especially these "recent" P. besseae crosses,
lets hope I don't see one for sale. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.