Old 23-02-2015, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rain, Rain and more rain

Yesterday we had a really foul day, it started raining here at around 10
am and didn't stop till after 4.30pm, most of it was torrential or
worse, in all we had 1.8 inches of rain.
I've never seen the water running off the fields so fast, in fact going
visit the wife in Hospital yesterday there were 4 places along our lane
where there were water gushers coming onto the road, and further along
the water was coming up out of the drains and manhole covers.
The motorway was down to a 40 mph speed limit all the way from Cardiff,
so I learned later.
Taffy @ an at present rain free South Wales