Old 10-04-2015, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default How to use a rotavator properly - ? (long)

Another John wrote:

So (spare me the scorn and the "well obviously.." comments) if anyone
has Top Tips, or a proper good youtube, to pass on, I'd be most grateful!

If you use a self-propelled rear tine machine, it shouldn't be too
difficult. The only U.K. machine I know is the Howard, which is a monster
to turn (an neighbor of my parents used to hire his out, with him
operating.). I love my Troy-Bilt, but don't think they ever emigrated from
the U.S. For virgin soil and a biggish garden, might make more sense to
hire a tractor with farmer attached to do the work. There are
tractor-driven rotovator that will deal with anything up to and possibly
including granite.