Old 12-05-2015, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Daffodils

On Tue, 12 May 2015 14:20:41 +0100, Malcolm Race
wrote:

I have some naturalsid bulbs which finished flowering 2-3weeka agoI hve
grown them in this place for about 10 years and have always wondered if
there is a rule og thumb as to when it is time to cut the tops off.
They are looking very untidy because of the recent strong winds

Any suggestions?

When I get at them I cut them down to about 2" as soon as they finish
flowering. My gardener is the other extreme. He makes the leaves look
tidy by lying them down so they are covered by other plant growth.
Both methods seem to work. I suppose if I'm 100% honest his probably
grow a bit bigger but not a lot.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com