Old 14-05-2015, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default how long for pyrethrin?

Anyone have an idea about how long a pyrethrin-based bug spray would take
to work on viburnum beetle larvae? My viburnum opulus has been
skeletonised the last several years, this year I saw the caterpillar-like
beasties at work and sprayed. Two days later there were still lots
alive, I sprayed again. A day later they're still not dead but may have
stopped eating. Do I need to switch to a more noxious product?

This is a rooted cutting, now quite large, but my friend who gave it to
me is unaffected by the bugs!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy