Old 16-05-2015, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default how long for pyrethrin?

On Fri, 15 May 2015 22:30:43 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

Fraid so if you want them dead reliably. Or you could pick them off one
by one with tweezers which would be the only true Organic(TM) way.

Ha! There are so many thousands (many per leaf, it appears) that by the
time I was done, the bush would be defoliated.

However for most actual caterpillars I do pick them off by hand, they're
quite easy to spot on smaller plants, and don't do significant damage to
larger ones.

Never had a problem with spider mites, thankfully!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy