Old 19-05-2015, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Daffodils

On 12/05/2015 14:20, Malcolm Race wrote:

Any suggestions?

"Cutting back bulb foliage

"Wait for a minimum of six weeks after the end of flowering before
cutting back the dead foliage, and ideally only remove foliage when it
is yellow and straw-like. Until this time, the bulbs should be watered
and fed as above. Also, do not tie or knot the leaves."

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=91

I looked it up because I recall them doing comparative studies some
years ago - back when I lived with my mother, who was a member. So
before my kids left home. OK a lot of years ago

Andy