Old 19-05-2015, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default I'm looking for a low, flowering ground cover plant which ishappy in the shade

On 19/05/2015 18:49, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 18/05/15 19:40, CocoGibbo wrote:
I'm looking for a low, flowering ground cover plant which is happy in the
shade - any ideas ?

TIA,

Colin...

Maybe consider Rubus tricolor. It's not really grown for its flowers
(although it does have them - and fruits, too), but the stems and
evergreen leaves are very attractive.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/16150/...icolor/Details

Yes, it will grow in deep shade, partial shade full sunlight, infact it
will grow anywhere it wants to.
It's a thug. It roots everywhere it touches and also from bird dropped
seed from the fruit.
I'd rather have ivy, it's easier to keep in check.
I'd have a look at some of the hardy geraniums, they will take shade,
low water levels and are not invasive. Go for the older varieties such
as Johnsons blue and there are a couple of old pink varieties, tough as
old boots, but flower well.