Old 24-05-2015, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Lawn Edging Products

On Sat, 23 May 2015 23:45:19 +0100, Tom Raider
wrote:

Can anyone advise me on lawn edgings? I want to have a neat edge to my lawn
and am thinking about using the corrugated or straight rolls of thin coloured
plastic. There are several makes. Is it as easy as digging a slit about 4
inches deep along the line of the edge and just inserting the required length
and then back-filling with soil? I expect the cheaper ones to fade after a
few years but I’m not overly bothered by that. I’ve seen the metal ones
but they are quite expensive, though may be more rigid and easier to bang in
with a mallet. One disadvantage I can see is that the lawn close to the
edging will have to be cut with shears, or carefully with a strimmer, so as
not to chew up the edging.

At one end of the plastic market Poundstretcher do £2 for 8 metres, and at
the other B&Q is doing £15 for 1.5 metres.

The lawn at my previous house was edged in a narrow strip of concrete.
It was about 6" wide and deep enough to fill a "v" channel made by a
spade. These days in my garden I have to get a gardener. He uses a
Wolf lawn edge trimmer. It looks OK and so there is no need for any
concrete or plastic edging.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com