Old 24-05-2015, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Lawn Edging Products

"Tom Raider" wrote

Can anyone advise me on lawn edgings? I want to have a neat edge to my lawn
and am thinking about using the corrugated or straight rolls of thin
coloured
plastic. There are several makes. Is it as easy as digging a slit about 4
inches deep along the line of the edge and just inserting the required
length
and then back-filling with soil? I expect the cheaper ones to fade after a
few years but I’m not overly bothered by that. I’ve seen the metal ones
but they are quite expensive, though may be more rigid and easier to bang
in
with a mallet. One disadvantage I can see is that the lawn close to the
edging will have to be cut with shears, or carefully with a strimmer, so as
not to chew up the edging.

At one end of the plastic market Poundstretcher do £2 for 8 metres, and at
the other B&Q is doing £15 for 1.5 metres.

Having seen it in a friends garden (and most NT gardens) I decided to take
the plunge and bought the metal Everedge Lawn Edge. Very pleased with the
result, lengths lock together and it even bends 90° for corners. Makes
cutting the edge perfectly straight very easy. I would buy it again.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.