Old 25-05-2015, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shelf life

On 24/05/15 20:32, Muddymike wrote:
I'm considering stocking up on weed killer before the regs change, any one
know what the shelf life of glyphosate weed killers is like?

Mike

Just Google "glyphosate" and "shelf life". According to Monsanto, it's
at least 5 years
(http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/maint/i...uppro_msds.pdf)

My guess is that the concentrated solution has an almost indefinite
shelf life. I suppose that if you had the space, and weren't concerned
about any mix-ups, you could store that solution in a freezer at -18C in
case you were worried about decomposition at room temp. Of course, there
are always the sachets of powder available, too, which should be stable.

--

Jeff