Old 30-05-2015, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default Strawberry Plant Problem

"tvrchimaera" wrote in message
Hi,

Some leaves are white and curled.
New plants this year.
Any ideas why they are poorly?

Pic attached.

Brian

|Filename: DPP_10017.JPG |
|Download:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16259|

Yes, I agree woth the others. It's mildew. Growing strawberries in pots,
containers is often problematic. The other thing you find is if you
do not water the pots sufficiently and the plants wilt, even if you catch
the dehydration in time and water the plants thoroughly, they appear to
recover. But then later on the leaves start dying round the edges, going
brown inwards..It took me 3 years to figure out what that issue was,
thinking it was a
fungal problem, and no one could tell me what the real problem was.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12074760@N03/5648608113/