Old 01-06-2015, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommend a screening shrub/low tree?

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:44:46 +0100, David Hill wrote:

On 01/06/2015 13:25, Mr Sandman wrote:
I need to screen a garden from a road, but not with a hedge, i was
thinking a large quick growing evergreen bush that will remain clothed
down to the ground and grow to a height of about 3m?

Any suggestions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viburnum_tinus

Viburnum tinus would be spectacular, but you'd want to start with pretty
big plants, no? Or maybe it grows fast under more favourable
circumstances than I've seen.

How about something like Elaeagnus x ebbingei? I have one that's yellow
and green variegated, it's a good grower and makes a thick screen.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy