Old 04-06-2015, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter[_2_] Larry Stoter[_2_] is offline

Default Wher have all the swallows gone?

Broadback wrote:

Is it me or are they very late this year? Mind I can't say I blame them
with the weather we are having.

Swallows, like much of our wildlife are in severe and serious longterm
decline in the UK and much of the rest of Europe. There'll be ups and
downs from year to year, caused by many factors but overall, numbers are
declining and, it the long term, it looks set to continue.

Hedgehogs, for example, are threatened with extinction in the UK.

There are a number of causes but, ultimately, it all comes back to a
single cause - us.