Old 05-06-2015, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default New mown grass for mulch

In article ],
says...

I've googled, and the consensus seems to be that it's OK to use new mown
grass clippings to mulch beds.

To add to the "wisdom" of the Net, does anyone here have practical
experience of doing this?

Yes, I've been mulching beds with it for years. In the first few days
after mowing it does get quite hot so don't let it touch the stems of
perennials.

Benefits are, it suppresses germination of weed seeds, and as it
decomposes, attracts worms, which attract birds. The birds keep
scuffling through the grass and turning it over, helping it to
decompose.

Janet.