Old 18-06-2015, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default To kill a pine...

On 17/06/2015 11:04, mike505 wrote:
Hi folks,
We recently moved house and there's a dirty great pine in the back
garden that is taking over, its nearly as tall as the house and is about
1 1/2 ft in diameter. I hate the thing and would like to replace it with
a matured tree of another variety however the Mrs wants to keep it... is
there anyway I could subtly kill it? I know I could probably just drill
a few holes at the base and fill them with roundup, copper sulphate or
just napalm the bugger but something that fast would be obvious. Is
there anything I could to to promote rot or disease? would digging up
and ring barking the roots and then re-burying them work?
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Try a few copper rooing nails hammered around the base of the trunk

Malcolm