Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Judith is offline

Default Feeding Runner Beans?

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:22:19 +0100, Roger Tonkin wrote:

In article ,
says...
I must be doing something right: the first one is at the top of the cane:
nearly ready to pinch out the top: and a number have got their first
flowers.

I've always wondered about pinching out the tops. Doesit
improve the yield or quality, or is it just to keep them at a
manageable height?

Must admit I don't know: last year I left them to grow as much as they liked:
this year pinching out tops as I had read it somewhere.

I'll let you know any difference at the end of the season ;-)