Old 01-03-2003, 09:39 PM
George D

Default slug and snail control

Snooze wrote:

Does anyone know of an effective organic snail and slug control or atleast a
solution that relies on less pesticide.

I've tried the pan of beer method, and frankly it's area of affect is not
that wide. I'd rather not have to pepper the garden with half buried cans of
beer.

Using the shotgun approach with lines of Cory's or Ortho slug/snail bait
across the yard is highly effective and not as noticable as a pan or half
buried can of beer. And it often reminds me of the French Maginot Line

If there is a trail you can find, salt it with table salt. This dries the slime and does away with
the snails. You can also salt them individually if you can find them and there are not to many of
them.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

The reward for a good deed is to have done it.

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.