Old 05-04-2016, 12:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default Battery for Moisture Detector

On 4/4/2016 6:50 PM, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 15:29:56 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 4/4/2016 3:00 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I've got a moisture detector that takes a 9v battery, and it says not to use an alkaline battery. Never seen that type of warning before. Anyone know why an alkaline battery is not recommended?

Thanks.

I know that different battery materials can have slightly different
voltage but nominally alkaline and carbon-zinc are the same.

They're a different size, however. iirc carbon-zinc are shorter.

I wonder if the writer of the instruction was
having a bad day. Might been meant to write
to use only alkaline battery?

--
..
Christopher A. Young