Old 10-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Chairhead Chairhead is offline
Registered User

Default Garden woes

Hello all,
My first post to the forum and I'm new to the garden world,
My wife and I have recently moved into our dream property after living in a two bedroom flat for x amount of years, the whole plot stands on about an acre, it's a 3 bedroom semi with a plot of land, the PO had horses and I've inherited a nice mènage and set of 3 stables.

Over the winter there was a lot of rain and the ground became sodden, to add to my troubles the land at the end of mine is used for horses.....13 of them 😏 who broke through the fence on several occasions over the winter to eat my nice grass which was lush, as you can imagine I was less than impressed and the garden now looks like a battle field 😡 The owner of the horses was unphased by the whole scenario and blamed me for having an old fence 😄🤔.
How can I get my garden back to how it was, do I need to re-turf or use some sort of machinery, do I get landscape gardeners in, I'm at a loss guys, can you help please