Old 07-05-2016, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Patching up lawn

The two most important things to keep in mind when making suggestions for this project are (a) lazy and (b) cheap. I do not want to spend any more time or money on this than is absolutely necessary. I have plenty of top soil to use. All else will have to come from my slush fund which is limited.

The goal is to keep the mud down - period. Not for a Home & Garden over photo. This part of the yard is used for storing junk and for hiding out when the lovely wife starts swinging her rolling pin.

Size - 800 sq ft. 20 ft on a 5 degree slope x 40 ft.

Soil samples showed pH, P&K are fine. Added nitrogen according to the test a few months ago and watered regularly. Did not see any change.

1/3 gets sun 6-10am and 2-4pm, St Augustine is doing fine

1/3 gets sun 6am-6pm, bad shape, some St Aug, mostly crab grass, dandelions & weeds

1/3 gets sun 6-10am and 2-4pm, under pine trees and has 1/8-1/4 inch of needles with nothing only a few weeds growing.

Any help for a lazy gardener is most appreciated!