Old 12-07-2016, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default weed control

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Brooklyn1 wrote:

The only method I found that works with success
on my long crushed stone driveway is to use a defolient that kills the
roots.... Round-Up works best... a weak solution is very effective
only it can take a week to ten days to see the weeds dying rather than
the 2-3 days with full strength.

I agree. The defoliant I have been using recently at my mom's is Stinger:
http://www.dowagro.com/en-us/usag/pr...icides/stinger

It does take a couple weeks for the Canadian thistle to die down. But it is
working. The problem is I am spot spraying and the thistle is mixed in all
around. I miss some. But then it grows and I find it. I may only have one
more round to do. There are almost none left.

Stinger is a broad leaf herbicide. Or in other words, it won't harm
monocots. I had to buy a quart. Enough for several acres of crops. I've
only used about an ounce. I am going to try spot spraying weeds in her lawn

Don. www.floorborders.com (e-mail link at page bottom).