Old 13-07-2016, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default weed control

On 2016-07-09 10:32:24 +0000, herb white said:

I have a gravel drive about 10 ft wide and 500 ft long that has some
weeds coming up. What is best to use to control those weeds that will
not pollute the river? Thanks for any info.

Sodium chlorate would be my choice. If applied carefully it will keep
weeds at bay for months and will not run off in a concentration that
would threaten the health of your river and aquifer. It has been
banned in the EU, unfortunately. Elsewhere it is getting rather
pricey, but still economical if you poke around a bit.