Old 19-07-2016, 07:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Christmas tree mulch

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 6:54:38 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
One of the local tree lots mulched the left overs and left them for anyone to pick up. I brought home few five-gallon buckets. I didn't see the trees, but most likely fir and cedar from the smell.

The plan was to spread it around flower & veg gardens, and maybe over some newly seeded parts of the yard.

Any comments about where to use or not use this?

I sure wouldn't put wood chip type mulch over newly seeded grass.
It's typically used to *prevent* plants like weeds and grass from
growing. For that use, it should be fine.