Old 24-08-2016, 05:17 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
Computer Nerd Kev Computer Nerd Kev is offline

Default What do you get???

In aus.electronics F Murtz wrote:
Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digit...odule/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)

Andy Wood

So why lump it in with many pictures of a completely different thing
under the heading
Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering
?
anyone looking for this would be wanting a unit to connect to the water
to control it,It looks like deception is the idea, but why I have no
idea because If anyone ordered it under a misapprehension, complaints
are bound to follow

People click on it in the search results because it looks like what
they want and is the cheapest price. Then they see that the price
is for another item, then select the item they want, the price goes
up, they're too lazy to find another listing where the price for
the item they want might be cheaper, so they buy it anyway.

The sellers probably wear the complaints from buyers who buy the
cheap item that they don't want by mistake.

--
__ __