Old 31-08-2016, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default ping songbird: a theory to run by you

On 08/31/2016 07:17 AM, songbird wrote:
Unfortunately, no. They are in the category of hybridized
for levels of cabs that do not exist in nature, along with
oranges and bananas.

*sigh* you realize there are hundreds or thousands
of different kinds of banana's right?

Yes. I see two types sold in the grocery store. I
use to adore the red ones.

Bananas are a grain. Think of a banana as a huge rice
kernel. Bananas are nearly all starch (which converts
to sugar almost instantly below your chin). No matter
which type of banana, it is still almost all starch,
it being a grain and all.

Banana, 1 cup raw, mashed
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1846/2

Carbs: 51.4 grams
Calories: 200 KCal
Glycemic load: 18

They are really bad news for diabetics.

Now if we could come up with a banana that was mostly all fat,
I be your man!

-T