Old 16-09-2016, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default squash bugs tip i ran across

On 9/16/2016 10:23 AM, songbird wrote:
we're not seeing too many here but while i
was looking at the website for harvesting and
curing tips they mentioned putting out yellow
dishes with water in them to capture them.

no idea how well it actually works, but i'd
be interested in hearing how it goes from
anyone who does try it.

songbird

We are inundated with squash bugs every summer. I will try the yellow
dishes with water. May have to buy some yellow dishes though, maybe I
can find some cheap plastic ones.

In our 57 years of marriage we have a service for 12 of the good china,
plus some cheaper stuff for every day and then there are the remnants of
at least three other sets of dishware.

Our family motto is: keep it clean, wear it out, turn it into something
useful, then dump it when it is totally no good. With a large family
things get broken regularly.

We just gave the church pantry about two dozen Japanese eggplant, a bag
of small peppers, and the last of the kale. It's about time to plant the
winter garden, temps got down to the low seventies last night. Winter
might be coming our way instead of another summer like last winter.
Screwy weather, must be all the volcanoes blowing around the world.