Old 18-09-2016, 11:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default squash bugs tip i ran across

On 09/17/2016 11:21 AM, songbird wrote:
Remember, though, that the processes described primarily serve to make
gardeners and farmers _feel_ that they're controlling the beasts.

i know. nature goes in cycles... i haven't ever bothered
to trap squash bugs or many other creatures.

Hi Songbird,

Actually, nature is not really doing its thing here. In hybridizing
plants for better food production, we have create plants that
would not make it five minutes in nature.

And nature has noticed. She has come up with designer bugs
that specialize in attacking our specialized designer plants.
These bugs would not last 5 minutes in nature either.

These plants have also created slaves out of us. For a bribe
of food, we smother them with food, water, and protection. Most
of them could not survive on their own, especially since we
have bread out their thorns and their toxins, among other
things.

Death to squash bugs; death to earwigs!
-T