Old 10-11-2016, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone know a good place to buy Choke Berry plants

On 11/10/2016 12:34 PM, T wrote:
On 11/10/2016 12:25 PM, T wrote:
On 11/10/2016 05:41 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
I get a lot of seeds for sale and some ~$35.00 pots
on Amazon, which is way over my head. Maybe I will
go for the seeds. Kind of wanted to see some berries
next fall.

they're pretty bitter that i recall and not
much meat/pulp with a large seed.

the guys i used to hang out with made a jelly
from them with other stuff in it, but i never
tried it.

i just searched "chokecherry tree plants for sale"
and have 168,000 results with this being the
first:

http://www.coldstreamfarm.net/choke-...irginiana.html

songbird

Hi Songbird,

Perfect. Thank you!

I am told that the Vitamin C content makes them pretty
sharp. Lots of anthocyanin too for your eyes too. Since
being Primal, I can taste slight sweetness that
I could not taste before the diabetes,

I am basically trying to grow berries that are Zone 6b
friendly. The choke berries should go next to
my Goji berries

I was using Duck Duck Go and Amazon searches. Which
did you use?

-T

Are these the same thing as "Choke Berries" (not cherries)?

Oh here we go at the same place

http://www.coldstreamfarm.net/chokeb...lanocarpa.html

Thank you!