Old 22-12-2016, 05:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Roxopop@1950s.no is offline

Default Running waterline into a barn

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 01:03:55 -0000 (UTC), DirtBag
wrote:

We have an internal USENET server running at our large company. It used
to be full of useful conversations and friendly arguement. Those were
the days.

Sadly, everyone's moved on to Yammer (a panty-wasted POS Facebook look-
like with 95% frills and 5% content.

Thanks for the above tirade - it's needed peridically to keep the blood
flowing. :-)

Flame on!

I used to get a lot of useful info from the newsgroups. Today it's just
mostly abuse and rubbish, and off topic politics and crap. Some of the
groups I once read the most, I recently unsubscribed from. It's sad. I
began using newsgroups before the www even existed. Web based groups are
slow and hard to manuver, and most of the time you cant filter out the
garbage.

I never even heard of Yammer, but if it's like Facebook, I dont want it.
I dont use Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff. I've actually been
thinking of getting rid of the internet at home. I'll save money. On the
rare occasions I buy online, I can go to a WIFI, and I can email my
friends on my phone (not a smartphone).

The internet used to be both fun and useful. That is no longer the case.