Old 23-12-2016, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Running waterline into a barn

On 2016-12-22 19:43:38 +0000, Brooklyn1 said:

Dan Espen wrote:
hubops writes:

So, what about that PEX pipe? How does that hold up in sunlight?

Normal PEX is not UV resistant.
There exists specialty PEX that, apparently, is
http://www.seymour-ind.ca/displayProduct48.php
Why not just use an old garden hose ?
John T.

Why not use a garden hose???
Well, the last hose I bought had a warning on it not to drink
from it. It said the hose leaches toxic agents into
the water.
Normally I discount these kinds of warnings as some company
trying to avoid a lawsuit but Google seems to confirm.

Garden type water hose is color coded to indicate potability,
typically white or blue but each manufactures has their own coding
(check their web site). I'd not use non potable water hoses for live
stock, and as hose ages more and more toxins leach out.

Perhaps real underground water pipe is the best answer.

That's what I'd use, irrigation tubing is very inexpensive and it's
non toxic. Just this

Bok bok bok bok bok bok bok ... just stfu and post the stupid pretty
pictures already.