Old 24-12-2016, 09:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help identifying

On 23/12/16 12:05, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:50:37 AM UTC-8, Jeff Layman wrote:
'[image:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/chriz2006_2006/FF1E283E-F138-47A9-8F99-A9D6A7876F60_zpstlxitmpz.jpg]'
(http://tinyurl.com/h36378r)

It's a bit out of focus, but it looks like a Hebe to me. They usually
have white or purplish flowers, but there are a few with deep pink
flowers. I can't remember the names, but a Google search should find them.

NOT a Hebe! I have them all over the garden; no resemblaance. Probably Phormium which I also have -- but a squirrel destroyed one of them! Ever hear of that happening?!

Not a Hebe??!! I don't know what you have got growing, but if it doesn't
look like chriz1's photo, then /yours/ isn't a hebe.

Have a look at the photos on the Hebe Society's website. For example:
http://www.hebesoc.org/hebes/hebes_l/hebes_l.htm

--

Jeff