Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Weather

Got up this morning to terrible weather, rain, whipping winds, looked
like a mini-hurricane. Here it 3:20 pm, bright sunshine, blue skies, no
wind, 71F. What the? Only got one tenth of one percent rain. That's not
enough for a garden.

We harvested a fairly large cabbage yesterday, have two large
cauliflower heads ready and a twofer, a cauliflower with two heads, one
large, one smaller. Beets are getting large so will have to pickle
and/or freeze stuff pretty quick. The kumquat tree had all but two fruit
picked today, still about five green ones on the tree. Leaves are
falling from the pear tree so will prune the rain limbs tomorrow if we
have good weather again.

We have one eight by four bed that is nothing but lettuce, about six
different varieties, looking good and ready for salads and wraps. Alas,
our old pepper plant and the younger ones are all gone as are the tomatoes.

We're dog sitting our daughters Chi weenie, a cross between a dachshund
and a chihuahua, she's old and has to go a lot so I'm opening and
closing the back door frequently as she can't go through our larger dog
door. She misses her boss lady too. Daughter is in Memphis for her FIL's
funeral tomorrow.

I think I shall walk both dogs down to the postal box after a bit.

George