Old 07-01-2017, 01:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Hard freeze

Here it is at 0630 and the thermometer is showing 21F and I will be out
there at sunrise checking the garden and also taking a look at the
faucets I forgot to cover last night. Getting old and senile is slightly
better than being in the ground. G

I suspect some of the fruit trees, like the kumquat and the pear, will
now lose their leaves. They need pruning anyway so guess that's not a
problem. I am hoping the fall garden will make it through the freeze.
First time to have a hard freeze since we moved back to Texas in 2012
and I'm not really fond of coldness. Especially when it's 24F and
overcast from what I can see in the dark out there. Dog went out to do
her business and did it very quick. BG

This is the first hard freeze we've had since we moved back to Texas.
Actually this is the first freeze of any kind here in the last five
years. I do despise cold weather, I turn into a really old 77 year old
man when I'm cold. All my joints are hurting and I walk like I'm 100
years old. Been worked hard and put up cold to many times for this
stuff. G

George and Tilly Dawg, Boss lady is still snoring.