Old 08-01-2017, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
66oldgit 66oldgit is offline

Default Greenhouse width considerations

On Saturday, 7 January 2017 19:07:34 UTC, Andrew wrote:
Does anyone have views on the ideal width for a greenhouse - used for
raising plants/tomatoes etc. I am planning a greenhouse 12' long and
either 8' or 10' wide. A wider house takes more space, costs more and
has a greater (more stable?) air volume. But does it increase the
growing space - since there is a practical width for reaching over
staging. Does it simply mean a wider central path? Any views or
practical experiences welcome.

Andrew

Ideal for me is our 12 x 10. which allows me and the wife to work together in comfort, with benches both sides. It's a Robinson with double doors, so easy access for barrow etc.