Old 09-01-2017, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Greenhouse width considerations

66oldgit wrote:
On Saturday, 7 January 2017 19:07:34 UTC, Andrew wrote:
Does anyone have views on the ideal width for a greenhouse - used for
raising plants/tomatoes etc. I am planning a greenhouse 12' long and
either 8' or 10' wide. A wider house takes more space, costs more and
has a greater (more stable?) air volume. But does it increase the
growing space - since there is a practical width for reaching over
staging. Does it simply mean a wider central path? Any views or
practical experiences welcome.

Andrew

Ideal for me is our 12 x 10. which allows me and the wife to work together in comfort, with benches both sides. It's a Robinson with double doors, so easy access for barrow etc.

Thank you for all your comments. It seems there is little value in the
extra width unless more than one person is working in the greenhouse.

Andrew