Old 11-01-2017, 03:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Seedling mats

Since I have had problems getting some seeds to germinate , I decided to
try one of the many heat mats . I bought a 10 x 20 , big enough for a 72
cell starter tray .
The instructions say it should be put on some kind of insulation for best
results , so my plan is to place a piece of 1/2" styro foam sheet under it .
This stuff has aluminized mylar on one side , and I'm wondering if placing
it shiny side up might make things too warm . Average temps in the house are
in the mid-70's and RH is usually around 40% so I know I'll need to water
often .
Y'all's experiences with these things will help ...
--
Snag