Old 19-01-2017, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Racoons and squirrels eating avocados

Newgene McMensa wrote:

So the question is.... is there anything I can do to discourage them coming in the yard or backyard trees?

raccoons are prevalent here. doesn't matter
how many we trap and move they soon return.

tall fences discourage them, but once they
know there is food inside the fence they'll
still come in.

electric fence does much better.

they are the reason we don't bother to grow
sweet corn any longer. it's just not worth
the bother. cheaper to buy a few ears in the
summer when we want some.

squirrels are not common here. hawks
will eat them...

songbird