Old 19-01-2017, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Racoons and squirrels eating avocados

David E. Ross wrote:
Havahart has a large cage trap for adult raccoons, for which the best
bait is sardines.

we've found that the black sunflower seeds
work very well and are much easier to deal
with than peanut butter or cat/dog food. they
seem to appeal to every critter we want to
trap and move.

i'm trying to get out of the practice
though as it seems so pointless and instead
go after the den sites (making them less
appealing to the new ones who might want
to move in) and fencing off the areas that
are most important. for every critter we
don't have to transport it saves us a few
hours of BS (which over a season can add
up to a few days or weeks of lost production
or farting around/napping ).

because i don't want to trap raccoons,
skunks, possums, any longer we close the trap
for the night and then open it during the day
(for groundhogs aka woodchucks).

songbird