Old 20-01-2017, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Racoons and squirrels eating avocados

On 1/19/2017 12:09 PM, wrote:
snips

For larger critters trap and release works well...
NorthernTool.com has excellent traps, I think much better
than Have-A-Heart.

I have never liked the Hav-A-Heart design -
- it works but it's too fiddly to set.
There are other makes available that work as well..
John T.

Mines quite old. It is somewhat clunky and I like peanut butter because
it sticks to the trigger making the critter work harder making sure to
trip it. It has twin doors and that prevents trapping of large raccoons
as when doors fall, if anything is sticking out like a tail the critter
can get out. I trapped a mother skunk once and her kids would not
leave. Fortunately I got the trap open that was below my deck with a
long pole. Skunks confined are said not to spray.