Old 20-01-2017, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Victoria plum tree

On 1/20/2017 9:19 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 6:56:22 PM UTC+5, l bailes wrote:
i have problem with my plum tree ,there is what looks like a silicon gel
type substance oozing from the plums has anybody got any idea what it is
and is it harmfull

--
l bailes

Sorry, Bailes, i might not be so helpful but I got a question of my own if anyone could help me out. I have around 200 victoria plum trees they must be around 7 years old but from last 3 years, not a single fruit can be seen even though am doing regular seasonal pruning watering and fertiliser. Please help beside if any one could share some literature about victoria plum growing that will be gr8

Sajjad

I'm not familiar with the Victoria plum but all fruit trees need
pollinators. We have hundreds of bee hives nearby and our fruit trees
are well pollinated.

If there are no pollinators you might invite a bee keeper to put a few
hives in your fruit trees area. Might even be nice enough to give you
some of the honey.

Bailes, looks like you have insects or birds pecking or chewing on your
plums. Growing fruit does attract such pests, you might have to net the
tree or put flashy dingle dangles on the limbs to frighten the birds. If
it's insects you will have to spray.