Old 20-03-2017, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Garden in France

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:20:56 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

You mean you want somebody else's ideas for *your* garden? There are
many mistakes you can make of a practical kind, such as putting
rhododendrons on chalky soil, sun-loving plants on a north-facing wall,
or a pond under deciduous trees, etc, but these aren't design matters.

If I want a good laugh I always look at the "inspired" gardens at
Chelsea and Hampton Court. Well, they certainly make me take a deep
breath just before a long sigh...

I often wonder what they would like after a year when the shine has
gone of the materials,the mirrors have all got splattered with dirty
rain, the water features contaminated with duckweed and the decking
covered with bird poo.
That is the reality of many gardens and you don't need a fancy
designer to achieve that.

G.Harman